Our colleagues at Exclusives.co.za have sent us tidings of an opening in their content team:
CONTENT WRITER and ADMINISTRATOR: HEAD OFFICE (RIVONIA, JOHANNESBURG)
Exclusives.co.za invites you to apply to join our vibrant content team. This stimulating position seeks to fill our expanding need for quality website and marketing content.
The successful applicant will have a wide general knowledge of books and film, excellent language skills and a strong interest in music and/or gaming. Technical skills include general knowledge of website content management systems (blog backends, etc). Equally important is a capacity to learn new skills quickly. The successful applicant will join the content provision team in the online business unit, and supply content for the Exclusives.co.za website and other online projects. Candidates should have a background in marketing and/or copywriting as well as experience working on websites, blogs and social media.
A writing sample will be required of all applicants.
- Full time contract position
- Reporting to Digital Marketing Manager
- Minimum qualification: Tertiary education / degree
- Write copy for promotional and publicity emails
- Write and edit product reviews across categories
- Arrange, prepare, conduct and transcribe interviews for online publication
- Conceive and produce articles, features and promotions
- Write copy for other sections of the website
- Write, edit and proofread email copy for marketing, Fanatics and promotional emailers
- Liaise with publishers, booksellers and suppliers
- Upload, update and publish content
- Conceptualise, run & report on competitions and promotions
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Highly skilled at writing copy especially for marketing communications
- Ability to present creative and commercially sound recommendations for new content
- Good understanding of and experience using social media channels e.g. Facebook & Twitter
- In-depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for relevant categories (Books & Film)
- Familiarity with e-commerce and the South African retail sector
- Understanding of marketing communications
- General awareness of current events
- High level of attention to detail
- Willingness to take responsibility for quality and delivery
- Service orientated
- Presentable and outgoing
~ ~ ~
Applications should be addressed to: Angela Ridge and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 22 JANUARY 2012
Exclusive Books is an Equal Opportunity employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organization.
Should you not receive a response by the 25th of January 2011, please consider your application unsuccessful.