INVITATION TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT COORDINATOR
The South African Book Development Council (SABDC) is the sector representative body for the South African book industry. It aims to increase access to books through a diverse range of strategies.
The work of the SABDC firmly declares the values and principles required for change and transformation in the South African book industry. Its success has far-reaching positive consequences for the country.
As such, the SABDC is a leading-edge organisation that is working in new and pioneering ways to overcome the most challenging barriers faced by the South African book publishing sector. We therefore require skilled, innovative and leading-edge staff to facilitate and deliver our ambitious vision.
The opportunity below seeks a skilled individual with the necessary drive and passion to fulfil the demands made by this ambitious vision.
CLOSING DATE: 24 NOVEMBER 16:00
Please send detailed CV to email@example.com.
CEO – SOUTH AFRICAN BOOK DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
Tel: 021 914-8626/7
Fax: 021 914-8615
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist in the implementation of projects of the South African Book Development Council
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Assist in the conceptualization of book development projects
2. Draft and submit project implementation plans
3. Implement projects
4. Attend project meetings and take minutes
5. Report on project implementation based on project plans
6. Basic research to inform project plans
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• High integrity
• Ability to follow instruction
• Team player
• Ability to work with diverse players
• Excellent work ethic
• Attentive to detail
• Very good time management
• An appropriate Bachelors Degree in publishing or similar
• A minimum of 5 years project implementation experience in development or business setting
• Basic understanding of the development sector in South Africa
• Knowledge of the Cultural or Book sector
• Computer proficiency essential ® Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Data management skills
Follow SABDC Project Coordinator 2017 for more.