For artists, the Stellenbosch University Woordfees is more than excellent entertainment and food for thought. It is an experience where creative sparks fly – between art and audience, between concepts and ideas, and often between artists, generations, languages and cultures too.
The Woordfees festival programme offers a rich variety of inspiration for writers, theatre and film makers, actors and for classical as well as contemporary musicians. Artists, however, are not always able to afford festival attendance or to take in all the shows that pique their interest.
With its new Artist Bursaries initiative, the Woordfees offers five artists the opportunity to recharge their creative batteries and to fully experience the festival this year. All the Woordfees expects from bursary holders, is to share their festival experiences and their opinions on the shows they attended in a journal.
An Artist Bursary includes:
- R5 000 for travel and accommodation, to be used at the bursary holder’s discretion
- two meals per day in the VIP area for a maximum of five days
- free attendance of all productions/shows in the relevant genre, i.e. the genre in which the bursary holder is a practicing artist
In order to be considered for a bursary, applicants need to submit the following:
- between 300 and 500 words on why they will benefit from attending the 2018 SU Woordfees
- a short CV of the applicant’s artistic career with two references
Send applications to Danie Marais at email@example.com by the 12th of February 2018.
Please note: No late applications will be considered and no correspondence regarding bursary decisions will be entered into. Only artists who are in no way involved with the SU Woordfees 2018, may apply for an Artist Bursary.
For further information, contact Danie Marais at firstname.lastname@example.org