Via Ons Klyntji
Deadline: 31 May 2018, midnight CAT
Ons Klyntji, a magazine published and launched every year at the Oppikoppi music festival is looking for submissions “written or visual”.
There is no set theme, but we do appreciate material that concerns the here and now: love & politics, drought & roll, the road & the verge, music & the movement, spirits & genes, the city & the land, origins & myth, cursor & click, if you liked this you might also like & suggested for you. (This means: you write what you left swipe.) Writings about South Africa, Africa, South Africans and Africans will be appreciated.
- Your three best poems
- Short stories no longer than 2500 words
- Photographs, graphics, sketches, images, doodles etc that work in black and white, and smallish (Ons Klyntji is printed the size of your back pocket)
- Book and CD reviews of no longer than 150 words a shot (focus on South African and African material, fiction or non-fiction, poetry or non-poetry)
- Interviews with a creative of your choice (max 2000 words)
- A short thesis on why South Africans consider the orange traffic light to be an invitation to speed the hell up (max 100 words)