Submissions are open for the 2019 Sunday Times Alan Paton Award for non-fiction and the Barry Ronge Fiction Prize.
As in previous years, formal longlists for the prizes will be drawn up: convenors Jennifer Platt and Michele Magwood, along with the chairs of the respective judging panels, will select longlists of approximately 25 books per prize for the judges to assess.
The winners will be announced next year.
Please find below the links to the 2019 entry forms and submission rules and procedures.
• NB: The list of titles that publishers wish to enter should reach the convenors, by email, by Tuesday 20 November 2018.
Publishers are requested to nominate no more than FOUR TITLES per imprint and to submit a list of other titles published in 2018 that are eligible. The judging panels may select additional titles for consideration at their discretion.
• Only upon receiving notification from the conveners that a title or titles have been included on the longlist, should publishers send five print copies of each title to the Sunday Times, by Monday 3 December 2018
Prize criteria & Entry forms
Note: you can print/download these documents at their links.
Publishers are requested to email a list of all titles that they wish to enter to Jennifer Platt of the Sunday Times, at PlattJ@tisoblackstar.co.za by no later than Tuesday 20 November 2018.
Click below to view previous winners:
• 2018 Sunday Times Literary Awards
• 2017 Sunday Times Literary Awards
• 2016 Sunday Times Literary Awards
• 2015 Sunday Times Literary Awards
• 2014 Sunday Times Literary Awards
• 2013 Sunday Times Literary Awards