We have entered a digital, networked age. Future-proof your business with John Sanei's What's Your Moonshot?
We live in a disrupted world. A world on the brink of great transformation and exponential growth – in which:
- Wearable and embedded devices are no longer just fantasies in sci-fi movies; they have arrived;
- Drone delivery systems are not an April Fool’s joke;
- Off-grid electricity is becoming widely accessible;
- The “gig economy” is taking off;
- Hyper-convenient, hyper-personalised services are changing the way the world does business;
- Tech is disrupting every industry, be it travel, taxis, media, books… ;
- And this disruption is happening everywhere, be it in First World cities or among less affluent Third World markets. As examples of the first, think of Uber, Airbnb, Facebook and drone deliveries.
As of today, more than 3.5-billion people are connected to the internet; by 2023 that number will be around 7-billion.
The end of the monopoly of oil and coal power is nearing as renewable energy emerges.
Transport is being revolutionised with the arrival of driverless cars and autonomous drones.
Massive, transformative “moonshot” ideas are shaping our future.
People no longer want to pay for content, but they will pay to be emotionally invested in a product if it prioritises personalisation, convenience, trust and brand recognition – never before has it been as important to understand your customers’ needs. And now you must understand your employees’ needs, too.
People no longer want to commute to work, but they will work harder and smarter if you give them the right tools and opportunities.
In What’s Your Moonshot? trend and innovation strategist John Sanei invites you to prepare for this brave new world by understanding the digital, networked age we have entered and learning how to future-proof your business.
The first step is to get your internal strategy right: are you seeing yourself as a victim of the future, or an architect of it? The second step is to decipher which business strategies, trends and innovations are relevant to you as you create your moonshot ideas.
Strap in and get ready to become the new type of “billionaire”: one who possesses the courage to think bigger, aim higher and make a positive impact on billions of people.
John Sanei is a trend specialist, innovation strategist and public speaker, with a client list that includes De Beers, Microsoft, Dell and Standard Bank. He lives in Cape Town, but workcations regularly around the world – and puts his apartment on Airbnb when he does.
- What’s Your Moonshot? by John Sanei
Find this book with BOOK Finder!